The 2nd quad will serve more as a FPV and UAV platform. I ended up with the following parts:
- Reptile 550 v2 with 1 axis gimbal ($66). This is a TBS Discovery clone, which should be good for FPV and shares arms with F450, motors, esc for sharing spares.
- Multistar 2212/920kv ($45). So I can share/use the DJI 9443 and 9450 props. I also like the easy off and on of the self locking props. I wanted a Sunnysky 2212/980kv but it seems I can't use the self locking props on it w/o the rare adapter. Another E300 set is too expensive, I can however move the E300 to it.
- Multistar 20A BLHeli ESC ($10 x 4). Initially wanted a simonk based ESC such as the Afro. I read there where a few issues especially for a Pixhawk flight controller. So I opted for the BLHeli ESC.
- HK Pilot32 ($130). Always wanted a Pixhawk, I want to do some UAV and possibly coding but could not afford a 3D Robotics made one.
- Ublox Neo 7m GPS ($34)
- Minim OSD ($21). Will do more FPV, so I guess OSD is now a must.
- power distribution board ($4). Reptile V550 does not have a built in distribution board unlike a TBS Discovery.
- Nanotech apec g2 ($56)
- Walkera RX703a ($29). I have a walkera radio, as I share it flying the F450, Ladybird and Master CP. The RX703a also use PPM signal which works for the Pilot32