Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dreaming to Fly, make it real by building a quadcopter

Since I was a kid, I always wanted to fly a plane and helis.  Wasn't able to do it... yet.  The closest way for me to experience this is use a computer and flight simulator games.  Fast forward today while I was buying some parts for my RC cars which I play with my kids, I saw an AR Drone 2.0 on sale.  So I decided to buy it.  The rational behind it:  its not too expensive and if I don't get to have enough interest and time its a ready-to-fly (RTF) product.  The kids can use the AR Drone 2.0 without much fuss.



The AR Drone 2.0 was a pretty good starter quadcopter.  Here are some actual videos of it:


Now sold the AR Drone 2.0 and decided to move into more serious quads.  I wanted longer range, better stability against strong winds.   

Hopefully I can make a short series of post as I build a quadcopter.  This should be helpful for me as my notes on how I built it and if anybody is interested to do the same thing.

No comments: