Friday, January 4, 2008

xrandr and radeonhd crtc problem

I have been having a problem with my 6910p re-enabling the DVI or VGA external output. It does work when I re-login or restart X, but after I disconnect the external monitor for a long time I couldn't enable it back. Here is what is happening to me:
xrandr --output DVI-D_1 --auto --right-of PANEL
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 154 (RANDR)
Minor opcode of failed request: 21 ()
Serial number of failed request: 19
Current serial number in output stream: 19
To resolve the issue I have to explicitly pass in the crtc number
xrandr --output DVI-D_1 --crtc 1 --auto --right-of PANEL
For a more detailed discussion of the problem you can look at xorg mailing list archive post here:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-November/030024.html


A newer xrandr should resolve the issue in the future, for now I just use --crtc switch.

No comments: